I had the pleasure of performing with the Southern Crescent Chorale this weekend at Spivey Hall. The concert was on Sunday afternoon, March 30 at 3:00pm. Spivey Hall is an absolute fabulous venue and there have been hundreds of world class musicians who have traveled to the Clayton College and State University campus to perform on this stage. Many local groups, such as the Southern Crescent Chorale, also take advantage of this facility. If you have never attended a concert there, you owe it to yourself to check it out. You may view Spivey Hall’s performance schedule here: http://www.spiveyhall.org/concerts/. You’re sure to find something you’d really enjoy!The Chorale with which I performed is under the direction of Janice Folsom. I was asked to play a flute part on one of their chorale pieces and jumped at the chance to play on the Spivey stage! To check out the Southern Crescent Chorale, visit these web sites: http://southsideartsagenda.com/index.htm, http://www.fayettefrontpage.com/orgs/southernchorale.htm
http://www.atlantaperforms.com/show.php?id=5646&PHPSESSID=f9e0d0802df23bc60575df61de779238
http://www.spiveyhall.org/concerts/details.php?secID=2&subSecID=3&eventID=330&eventType=12&inDetail=yes
I’m hoping we’ll hear from one or more of the Southern Crescent Chorale members here on our blog. They took what I hear was a fantastic tour of Italy last summer. I’d love to hear more about it and maybe see a few pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment