Our purpose is to help you believe in the Arts as an important function of education. Our goal is to show that the Arts are not an entity in themselves but have a major contribution in the value of education, not only in the classroom, but in the world around us. Our objective is to show the Arts are not just entertainment, but have a purpose in formal education and play a major role in society.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Applications of blogging for the Media Specialist

As a future Media Specialist I can foresee using this experience to create a blog for my Media Center. It is important for students, teachers, administrators, and parents to see what goes on in the Media Center. This would be a great way to promote and advertise all the materials and services that are available. This not only will help place value on my job, but encourage frequent visits from all. I could post policies and procedures, photographs and descriptions of students outstanding work, material check out lists, and class sign up sheets. I could offer a checklist for teachers so I can be ready for whatever they will need when they bring their class to the Media Center. I could ask for feedback so staff will offer suggestions and allow progress and growth to be based on input. These are all ways to encourage collaboration without interrupting the various schedules. I look forward to using this wonderful tool to help establish my Media Centers position in the learning process.

2 comments:

Robin Drewry said...

I think you will make a GREAT Media Specialist! I can see you using the new tools we've investigated in this class with ease. It's been a pleasure putting this blog together with you. I don't know about you, but before this class I didn't even know what a blog was!

Geralyn Chabucos said...

Thanks Robin - maybe I can be the Media Specialist in your school :) ? Okay...I never knew what a blog was either, but then I didn't know anything past checking my email before taking this class! Amazing shift! I love all the insightful information you have added to make this blog truly interesting. There are so many directions art has gone and this experience will certainly make me stand up and notice that much more!