Our purpose is to help you believe in the Arts as an important function of education. Our goal is to show that the Arts are not an entity in themselves but have a major contribution in the value of education, not only in the classroom, but in the world around us. Our objective is to show the Arts are not just entertainment, but have a purpose in formal education and play a major role in society.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Insights About Myself Given this Blogging Experience

When first given this blogging assignment I really wasn’t sure it was something I could use in my classroom situation. Geralyn expressed that she needs to “think outside the box”. I feel the same way about myself. I find a comfortable format for delivering material and instruction to my classes and have a tendency to get too comfortable within that structure. This tends to make me resistant to chance, even when change might actually make my job easier and make me more efficient. I have always been interested in technological change as it relates to preparing music materials for my classes, such as new recording techniques and media. However, I have not really seriously considered how to involve the students in the use of technology as a tool they can use – hands on. The blog is one of several technological tools that I have learned about so far in this class with which students can interact within my class. I plan to incorporate some of these tools in my classes next year, especially the blog!

1 comment:

Geralyn Chabucos said...

Robin - I think part of trying new technology for me is that I am already so busy that taking time to learn something new is the hard part. It's easier and less time consuming to just keep doing things the way I always have. This includes every aspect of my life! Going back to school, for me, has opened that part of my brain to be more receptive to investigating new things...and meeting new people. I have enjoyed our projects and sincerely hope we get to collaborate again! Thank you!